Monday, July 14, 2008

I stayed home today and went to the doctor. She was a lovely lady (with teeth dad would have found attractive). She looked me over and prescribed some things. Nothing serious. I think I'm on the mend.

My parents have arrived in Costa Rica, and from the sound of things, they are loving it up!

Hopefully they won't mind if I include some of their joint email here:

"We are having a great time with a great family, Jorge and Maria Rojas Campos. When we arrived, their dog came up to play with us and dropped a mango at our feet. It has been like that ever since. Breakfast was delicious costarican coffee with a fresh local pineapple, a slab of watermelon, and a ham sandwich on fresh bread from the bakery. The little town of Carillos where we are is really sweet. We spent the day out with Jorge exploring this part of Costa Rica in his taxi cab. This afternoon, when we took a nap, the sound of the family chatting out on the veranda drifted over our dreams

They have 4 grown kids who all live on the same property (lovely houses all in a row with huge ferns hanging all around their verandas!) with their kids and dogs. Its the most beautiful grouping of people I have ever seen. Weve met most of them now and I am rattling away with them all. I am amazingly relaxed at speaking and listening this time. And Paw is doing SO WELL. First, he understands most everything. And now he is even initiating little conversations!
Tomorrow morning we start school. We drove past it today. It is on a beautiful hillside. Well tell you more. You can see we havent mastered the apostrophe on the keyboard yet. "

Wonderful to hear, you guys!

Sara and Gabriel are coming back to Quito sooner than expected after having some incredible experiences themselves. Great news!

No comments: